Jesper Odde Madsen - Denmark
Science journalist and communication consultant with focus on Complementary and Alternative Medicine.
Jobs and non-profit tasks in the field since 1998. Educational background: The Danish School of Journalism + The University of Copenhagen.
Living in the western part of Denmark, close to the city of Aarhus. Working independently in the one-man business “Jesper Madsen communication”. Running a non-profit website and newsletter about CAM: www.galilei.dk.
Relevant assignments and positions:
- Professional Affiliate of The Galileo Commission & the Scientific and Medical Network.
- Participant in The CAMbrella network, funded under the European Commission’s Seventh Framework Programme, FP7. A European research network on Complementary and Alternative Medicine. 2010-2012, parts of the network still active.
- Coordinator of the Danish community group affiliated with IONS www.noetic.org
- Author of the books “Alternative treatment – medical practice in transformation”, and “The Alternative Landscape” (In Danish).
- Board member of the Danish Association of Science Journalists.
- Editor of the official national website on CAM (Danish Patient Safety Authority).
- Knowledge and research Centre for Alternative Medicine (Danish government).
- Danish Society for Medical Acupuncture.
Recording of oral presentation by Jesper Odde Madsen at the World Health Congress 2021 Prague: